Friday, March 25, 2011

A little about us!

I dove right in with my ramblings & just now realized that I have not told much about us & our 'outlook'.  My DH was the catalist to our journey.  He encouraged me to HS our oldest & while I did it 'kicking & screaming' here we still are 13 years later!  I have tried many homeschool philosophies:  School at home(total flop!), Charlotte Mason, Unschooling & Classical!  While the first was a total flop(for many reasons!) the rest have worked for at least one member of our household:)  I really learned a lot more about kids & learning styles these past 13 years.  What works for one child DOES NOT work for another!  Every year has brought new challenges & 'ah-ha moments'.  SO now when people ask how do you school my response is "I am a Classical Unschooling Charlotte Masoner and proud of it!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment